Wool Dryer Balls (organic) - 5 pieces + 1ml Pure Therapeutic Essential Oil Sample
Dryer balls work to separate clothes while they tumble, promoting continuous air exchange and shortening drying time.
Our Wool drying balls retain heat, which they pass along throughout the drying cycle while boosting the drying process.
The reason is simple: They are 100% Organic Wool and don't have just an outer layer of wool as some other brands. So, yes, they work!
When you see the statement of elimination of statics, that is actually not true. However the balls reduce drying time and soften clothes.
So yes, they will safe you time and the environment by cutting the dryer's time down dramatically.
Not needing to use harmful softeners your body will thank you for by not exposing allergic reactions. (E.g. I sneeze my nose off when using these softening sheets)
The balls circulate and separate the clothing and get the warm dry air right down to the core of the laundry load! The more you have the faster the drying time, softer softness and money saved. They speed up the drying time and soften up by gentle friction of the felted wool fibers against your clothing fibers.
These are not made like others out there that will unravel after a month’s use!! They contain No dyes at all and they last well over a year in your dryer! And they are the best priced wool dryer balls anywhere!
These Dryer Balls do a number of wonderful things:
1. Sheep's Wool Dryer Balls are an Eco-friendly alternative to the conventional dryer sheet and liquid fabric softener.
2. Sheep's does more than a dryer sheet by allowing hot air to Circulate into your clothes so you don’t have to run your dryer as long, saving you time and money.
3. These reduce static just like dryer sheets do when you dampen a ball or two prior to drying a heavy static load.
4. They soften your clothes like fabric softener with gentle separating and fluffing friction action. Fabric softener has harsh chemicals that make your clothes soft and also increase the flammability of your clothes putting you at risk of a dryer fire . Heating elements also build up and burn out because of fabric softeners.
5. They’re wonderful cat and dog toys when they are not in use by the dryer.
6. They’re made of 100% wool (NO filler). Fun for babies and toddlers to learn about colors and as a counting tool, they gravitate to the texture and round shape!
7. They’re absolutely WONDERFUL for cloth diapers! They keep them soft and clean without the harmful chemicals in conventional dryer sheets. Plus fabric softeners destroy the moisture absorbing ability of the cloth diaper. You want your cloth diapers staying as thirsty as the day you bought them!
******* FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS! *******
Q - What are some of the chemicals in dryer sheets and fabric softeners?
A - Conventional dryer sheets contain some chemicals such as:
A-Terpineol - Associated with central nervous system disorders
Benzyl Acetate – A carcinogen linked to pancreatic cancer
Benzyl Alcohol - An upper respiratory tract irritant
Camphor – It’s listed on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste list
Ethyl Acetate – Another culprit on the EPA’s Hazardous Waste list and an irritant to the eyes and respiratory tract
Considering your skin is the largest organ in your body - through which your body absorbs everything that you put on it (including lotions, makeup and perfume) you're going to want to stay away from as many chemicals as possible!
Q - How long will Sheep's dryer balls last?
A - Our dryer balls are uniquely made to last over 5 years! ! The average household spends over $275 on dryer sheets and fabric softeners every year for their laundry?
Q - How long will your scents last if I choose to have them scented? How can I re-scent them? Do you sell your scents?
A - We offer several scents in our store for you to choose from. One drop per ball usually lasts for 3 -4 weeks.
Q - How big are these dryer balls?
A - Sheep's Wool Dryer Balls are individually made by hand 3 inches in diameter - approximately the size of a tennis ball. Sheep's XL are the BIGGEST available anywhere at 4 inch diameter! (Softball sized) And quiet n your dryer- designed by an engineer!
Q - How loud are Shep's Wool dryer balls?
A - They are very quiet. We specifically designed them to be larger than other wool balls available and the quietest available- years of study and testing!
Q - How are these any better than the plastic (PVC) ones that I got from my local superstore?
A - They are VERY different actually! The conventional plastic ones you see on TV and in your local store are made from plastic and when heated can emit harmful smells that can irritate the lungs. Plastic dryer balls can also rip and tear more delicate clothing and towel loops. And after a few months the plastic/rubber dryer balls fall apart into pieces. Tin foil balls are notorious for crumbling in your laundry.
Q - Do they reduce static?
A - Yes, gently apply tap water from your spigot to one of two of our wool dryer balls before drying a heavy static load- or on a dry cold day. This is the trick to added static protection!.
Q: How many dryer balls should I use?
A: Small to medium loads we recommend 3-4 balls. For larger loads we use 4-6 balls.
Q: How much drying time do these dryer balls save me?
A: For small loads around 30-40% and larger balls help to cut the time by 25%. More balls = less drying time
Q: Is there anything I should know on how to use them?
A: It is fairly simple. Add the balls to your washed laundry in your dryer and get tumbling.
Q: I heard I could use Essential Oils for enhanced smell?
A: Yes! Absolutely. I love adding 10 drops of Wild Orange to my set of balls for a small laundry and increase it for a bigger load. 15-20 drops.